There isn’t much that compares to a hearty Sunday morning breakfast during the Fall months, but sometimes the buttery pancakes and those salty potatoes come along with unwanted calories and a cat nap that bleeds into the rest of the day. If you’re like me and enjoy a low-calorie green smoothie some mornings and an undeniably delicious stack of pancakes with syrup on others, you will love this Spinach and Banana Pancakes recipe.
This morning, in particular, I wanted a green smoothie but was also craving pancakes, so I thought green pancakes was worth a try. Glad I tested this out because they came out simply amazing and only took 10 minutes.
Serving size: 9-10 miniature pancakes
• 3 Handfuls of spinach
• 1.5 cups almond milk (depending on how many pancakes)
• 2 bananas (1 for mixture, 1 for garnish)
• 2 cups of wheat flour
• 2 Eggs
• 1 t baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• sprinkle with cacao nibs (for garnish)
• In a blender ( I used my ninja) add your spinach, almond milk, and 1 banana. Blend until mixture is liquefied and smooth. Make sure you don’t have chunks of chopped spinach floating.
• In a separate bowl add flour, eggs, baking soda, and salt. Pour spinach, banana and almond milk liquid mixture into the same bowl and whisk all of the ingredients. Add more flour or liquid spinach mixture as you see fit.
• Heat pan on low/medium heat. Pour pancake mixture into pan and heat pancakes on both sides until lightly browned.
Add syrup, banana, cacao nibs or any of your favorite toppings and serve!
Until Next Time,